Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
For all C.O.S.C members and guests:
You are responsible for your own safety and prevention of the spread of the Covid-19 virus and the variants. As public health issues change, COSC will keep the membership updated.
- Non-members use of the COSC facilities is strictly prohibited.
- Members found using the ranges or facilities in a destructive manner may be subject to revocation of membership.
- Club Hours: 9:00 am to 1/2 hour before sunset, BUT NOT PAST 9:00 pm, so please pay attention to the time of sunset.
- Range Rules: All members need to be familiar with the Range Rules.
- Capital Area Friends of the NRA meeting – March 21 at Great Lakes Training Center in Mason
- Newsletter Correction: The club is planning to offer a one-day course in Countering The Mass Shooter Threat. CTMS is a USCCA 6 hour course. This is not a firearms course, rather it is a course exploring your options in responding to an event. There is no shooting portion of this training, it is all classroom work. There are more complex options a business or organization might take to make their people safer. There are also some very simple options you have to make yourself less vulnerable. We will discuss some very basic supplies you may wish to have available. The date is April 8th, from 9 am to 3:30 pm. The cost is $75 for club members and $100 for non-members. While the course is open to anyone, the material is probably not appropriate for children. If you are interested, please contact Dale Howe, DaleKHowe@dkhowe.com or call (616) 485-3979.
- See the March 2023 newsletter for upcoming club activities. Be advised, activities are subject to cancellation due to weather or public health advisories from the State of Michigan.
- New 1-year and 5-year rates for NRA membership!
- Clubhouse Rental (for Members Only) information can be found on our Clubhouse page.
- To report lost or found items: email@example.com
- Club By-Laws – If you wish to review the latest revised (Jan 11, 2021) by-laws,
Bylaws January 11, 2021.
- Is your home address up-to-date with our Membership Committee? If not, please let us know.