The National Rifle Association was founded in 1871 to promote marksmanship training. Since then, its mission has expanded to encompass a wide variety of activities, including gun safety and marksmanship training for law enforcement officers and civilians, gun collecting and gunsmithing, and gun safety programs for children. Today, the NRA’s programs include:
- Basic Firearm Training Programs, including pistol, rifle, shotgun and muzzleloader, and home firearm safety programs.
- NRA Instructor and Coach training.
- Youth programs and activities, including cooperative youth programs with 4-H, Boy Scouts of America, American Legion, Police Athletic League and FFA.
- Organized competition including NCAA tournaments, high school shooting leagues and the National Matches held every summer at Camp Perry, Ohio.
- The Eddie Eagle Gunsafe gun avoidance program for children.
- Self-defense programs for women, including the Refuse To Be a Victim courses.
- Training programs for law enforcement officers and instructors.
- The NRA Foundation, which supports grants for education, training, recreational land use and habitat protection.
- Technical assistance and safety advice for new shooting ranges and upgrades to existing ones.
- NRA-ILA, which provides information, training and grassroots organization on issues of importance to gun owners.
When joining or renewing by mail, please provide the following information:
- Name and complete address
- NRA Member number (if renewing)
- Magazine you wish to receive (American Rifleman, American Hunter or 1st Freedom)
- A check made out to NRA in the following amounts:
$30 for 1 year membership, $85 for 3 year membership, $100 for 5 year membership. Your receipt will be mailed to you.
Send information to Kirk Ginther 737 Brenneman, Potterville, MI 48876. Any questions, call 517-881-6022 and if you need to reach me by email that is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This procedure is not just for COSC members. Have your friends, neighbors, co-workers, or anyone renew or join through the COSC and COSC will be eligible for a $5 or 10$ commission.
The NRA is the premier gun rights organization in the world, and every gun owner should become a member. Joining the NRA through COSC will save you $10 on a one-year membership.