Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
Club Hours: 9:00 am to 1/2 hour before sunset, but not past 9:00 pm. Non-members MUST be accompanied by club members to use any of the shooting or archery ranges.
If the weather looks bad, please call the person who is leading the shooting sport
you participate in to see if shooting will still be taking place. All those people are
listed in each newsletter and on the Contact Us page of this website.
- MEMBERS: please review the results of several issues voted upon at the July 23, 2018 COSC Board meeting. Questions or comments can be directed to members of the Board, whose contact information is on the Contact Us page.
- Special .410 Trap Shoot on Thursday, August 9th beginning at 5:00 pm. This event is open to all trap shooters who would like to hone their skills with a small bore .410 shotgun. As always, all shotguns are still welcome to shoot as this shoot is not restricted to only .410s.
- The new 7-yard range is now open; HOWEVER, you must complete an orientation session before you are allowed to use this range. It is mandatory for you to bring your club member badge showing you are a current club member to take an orientation session for this range. Orientation takes about 20 minutes. No need to register or contact us – just show up. Upcoming orientation dates are:
July 29 at 9:00 am
August 19 at 9:00 am
- Next DNR Hunter Education Class – Saturday & Sunday October 6th and 7th, 2018
- Lot’s going on with Firearms Training Courses, Ladies shooting, trap, archery, and much more. See the latest newsletter and calendar for dates and times.
- Please see the club newsletter page for our latest news with updates on upcoming club activities. NOTE: There will be NO NEWSLETTER for AUGUST 2018 so check the August Calendar for dates/times of activities.
- Clubhouse Rental (for Members Only) information can be found on our Clubhouse page.
- We now have an email address for reporting things lost or found at COSC. Please be as descriptive as possible of the item(s) that you are reporting lost or found. This will help in reconnecting items with owners. Report lost or found items to
- Club By-Laws – If you wish to review the newly revised (Jan 8, 2018) by-laws, review this pdf.
- Is your home address up-to-date with our Membership Committee? If not, please let us know.