Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
- Club Work Party this Weekend – There will be a work party at the club on Saturday and Sunday, August 13 & 14. It will start at 9:00 AM on both days and go all day. Wood chips/mulch will be spread around the archery range and at least one dead tree will be cut up, chipped and removed.The work party needs people, quads and trailers, and tools like shovels, rakes and pitchforks. Contact Wayne Walter 517-627-8247. Thanks
- Club By-Laws Update – Members, please plan on attending the upcoming membership meetings (2nd Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m.) to share your ideas and opinions as we move through the process of updating the club by-laws.
- Personal Protection Shotgun Class – August 6th from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Fee is $100 per member/$200 per non-member. Class size is limited to 10 students. Students must have own safety equipment, shotgun, and 25 rounds each of birdshot, buckshot, slugs for their gun. For more info, contact Duane Whaley at 517-646-1611.
- Range Safety Officer Training Class – August 13th fro 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CANCELLED. Please Contact Jim Ingison at 517-543-7587 if you have questions.
- Personal Protection Outside the Home Pistol Course – August 20th & 21st from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Class size limited to 8 students. Fee is $200 per member/$300 per non-member. A $100 deposit is required for the class. For reservation and course info contact Duane Whaley at 517-646-1611
- Please see the club newsletter on this site for our August 2016 news and updates on upcoming club activities.
- Visit our links under Shooting Sports and Archery to find a shooting discipline for you and your family.
- CPL Classes for 2016 – classes will be offered in May, July, September and October
- Please visit the Join or Renew your COSC Membership link, above.
- Is your home address up-to-date with our Membership Committee? If not, please let us know.