Application to Download: Membership Application New/Renewal
- August 22, 2020 We are no longer taking any member applications until next year as we are at our cap of 600…if you would like to be put on a waiting list please email Penny at email@example.com with your name, phone number and name of sponsor who is a current club member in good standing. There will be no new members until after March if at all.
Due to the recent problems the club has had on the ranges and the lack of member participation in the upkeep of the club, the Board of Directors has decided to place a cap of 600 members, and we will no longer be accepting new member applications at this time. Also we will no longer be taking walk-ins off the street; you will have to be sponsored by a member of the Club in good standing for one year or more.
Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club is always welcoming new members. Belonging to COSC includes these privileges and benefits:
• Seven-day-a-week access to all ranges during shooting hours, year-round, except when an event is being held
• Hunting access on COSC property (40 acres) during firearm and archery hunting seasons.
• Member discount rates on 3D archery and regular trap shooting.
• Member discount rate on clubhouse rental (some restrictions apply).
• Lots of opportunities to participate in club programs and activities.
• Monthly informative Newsletters.
Initial membership costs $135
An annual renewal membership costs $135
Senior membership $72.50
All memberships expire on December 31st
There is a $72.50 (half-off full price) discount on the following year’s membership for those members who donate at least 15 hours of time working on Club projects and activities.
Discounts are also available for seniors age 65+ who have been members in good standing for the previous five years. Your cost is $35.00
Your membership application is subject to approval by the COSC Board of Directors after completion of an orientation presentation, which is scheduled before each Membership and Board of Directors meeting. You’ll be contacted by the membership committee to schedule your orientation.
Any person who is legally barred from owning or using firearms is not eligible for membership.
You can submit the membership application by printing it (link at the top of this page), completing it, and sending it and your annual membership dues in the mail to:
PO Box 375
Dimondale, MI 48821
If you have moved, please get your new address to the above email address to make sure you continue to receive your monthly newsletter.
Penny Batten – Chairs who receive all member applications and dues
Sharon Whaley, Jim Ingison, Don Uramkin – Orientation Presenters responsible for new member orientation and bringing new members to the Board for approval.
Your Membership Committee is here to serve you. We welcome comments and suggestions at any time.
If you have not had a response to your application, please contact the Membership Committee chair, Penny Batten, for a status on your application. See our Contact page for emails and phone numbers.