Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
Club Hours: 9:00 am to 1/2 hour before sunset, but not past 9:00 pm. Non-members MUST be accompanied by club members to use any of the shooting or archery ranges.
If the weather looks bad, please call the person who is leading the shooting sport
you participate in to see if shooting will still be taking place. All those people are
listed in each newsletter and on the Contact Us page of this website.
- The new 7-yard range is now open; HOWEVER, you must complete an orientation session before you are allowed to use this range. It is mandatory for you to bring your club member badge showing you are a current club member to take an orientation session for this range.
Please contact Duane Whaley at 517- 646-1611 to schedule your session (see below). Orientation dates for July are:
July 8th at 9:00 am
July 15 at 9:00 am
July 22 at 9:00 am
July 29 at 9:00 am
- If you haven’t received a newsletter in a few months, please check on your membership status by contacting our membership committee at COSCMembership@gmail.com to confirm your dues have been paid for 2018.
- Lot’s going on with new Firearms Training Courses, Ladies shooting, trap, archery, and much more . See the latest newsletter for dates and times.
- Please see the club newsletter for our July 2018 news with updates on upcoming club activities.
- Clubhouse Rental (for Members Only) information can be found on our Clubhouse page.
- We now have an email address for reporting things lost or found at COSC. Please be as descriptive as possible of the item(s) that you are reporting lost or found. This will help in reconnecting items with owners. Report lost or found items to
- Club By-Laws – If you wish to review the newly revised (Jan 8, 2018) by-laws, review this pdf.
- Is your home address up-to-date with our Membership Committee? If not, please let us know.