Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
- Please see the club newsletter on this site for our September news, and don’t forget to check out the President’s Notes and club history updates, too.
- It’s that time of year… time to renew your COSC club membership and pay your annual dues for 2015. Please fill out the membership application and return it along with your dues check to Stu Miller. If you joined the club during the Open House event in July 2014, you will still need to complete an updated membership application for 2015 BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY DUES for 2015. Don’t forget to include your NRA member number on your COSC member application.
- NRA video updates for NRA Certified Instructors – please review these updates
- To learn about any of the many of our club’s shooting sports activities, check out the Shooting Sports and Archery pages for more info.
- Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club has a new Facebook page! Like us!
- The next offering of Hunter’s Safety Classes through COSC will be September 6 & 7, 2014. Please give our Hunter Safety leader, Tom Towsley, a call at 517.646.0085 to discuss getting in the class.
- CPL Class – COSC will be offering one more CPL class for this year, on October 11. The cost is $75 for members and $125 for non-members. Please contact Duane Whaley at 517.646.1611 if you have questions or are interested.
Some ways you can earn volunteer hours. Please help make your club a better place.
- The club will be holding a work party on Saturday, September 6 starting at 9:00 a.m. We need to move wood chips out onto the range. Please bring your quads and/or trailers if you can. Also, pitchforks and square shovels will be useful. If you have questions, please contact Wayne Walter at 517.627.8247.
- The COSC Raffle Drawing in Sunday, September 28 and the only way to win is to buy a lucky raffle ticket. The prizes include: Ruger American .308; Winchester Model 70 30/06; Browning B.P.S. Ducks Unlimited 20g; 10PT/6PT Invader Crossbow; and Henry Golden Boy .17 HMR Rifle.
- Help is needed at the Gun Show on Sunday, September 28. Call Duane Whaley at 517.646.1611 or Charlie Wolbeck at 517.802.8323 for info.
Charlie Wolbeck needs help with selling Raffle Tickets. Please contact Charlie (517.802.8323) to volunteer. See the article in this month’s newsletter.
- Friends of the NRA Committee – Every year the Friends of the NRA gives a lot support to our youth and ladies programs in the form of grants. In return, we support the Friends of the NRA annual dinner- on Saturday, September 20 beginning at 5:30 p.m.- this year. A lot of effort goes into the support and running of this important fund raiser. Please contact Tony Piper at 517.614.2663 (cell) or 517.646.8645 if you would like to help. Hope to see you there!
- Duane could use help with the Cowboy Action Shoot on Saturday, September 13.
- Tim could use some help with Junior Archery. Call him at 643.1497.