Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
- Please see the club newsletter on this site for our November news, and don’t forget to check out the President’s Notes and club history updates, too.
- IMPORTANT -
All ranges will be CLOSED from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on NOVEMBER 1, NOVEMBER 2, NOVEMBER 8 and NOVEMBER 9 for SIGHT IN DAYS. This is a yearly event and is open to the public and members, alike. There is a charge of $3.00 per firearm. There will be assistants with spotting scopes and other help if you need it. If you are a certified R.S.O. and need work hours, this is a good way to get them. We need at least 2 R.S.O.s on each range at all times ans several assistants to help shooters. I (Keith Wright) will be there to help organize the event.
- Last month (Oct), Keith asked those who have NRA certifications as instructors to mail or email him what disciplines you are certified in. He did not get a very good response so he is asking again. PLEASE MAIL or EMAIL Keith Wright 427 W. Jefferson Dimondale MI 48821 or KRW45ACP@yahoo.com or call 517.646.9179. Keith is trying to put together an up-to-date list of all instructors. He does have an up-to-date list of R.S.Os.
- IMPORTANT – It’s that time of year… time to renew your COSC club membership and pay your annual dues for 2015. Please fill out the membership application and return it along with your dues check to Stu Miller. If you joined the club during the Open House event in July 2014, you will still need to complete an updated membership application for 2015 BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY DUES for 2015. Don’t forget to include your NRA member number on your COSC member application.
- COSC Christmas Party – December 20, 2014
- Popular Turkey Shoots will be returning in January 2015. Watch here and the newsletter for dates and times.
- Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club has a new Facebook page! Like us!
Some ways you can earn volunteer hours. Please help make your club a better place.
- Tim could use some help with Junior Archery. Call him at 643.1497.
- Help will be needed with the Christmas Party. Watch here and the newsletter for details.