Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
- Please see the club newsletter on this site for our September news, and don’t forget to check out the President’s Notes and club history updates, too.
- It’s that time of year… time to renew your COSC club membership and pay your annual dues for 2015. Please fill out the membership application and return it along with your dues check to Stu Miller. If you joined the club during the Open House event in July 2014, you will still need to complete an updated membership application for 2015 BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY DUES for 2015. Don’t forget to include your NRA member number on your COSC member application.
- Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club has a new Facebook page! Like us!
- CPL Class – COSC will be offering one more CPL class for this year, on October 11. The cost is $75 for members and $125 for non-members. Please contact Duane Whaley at 517.646.1611 if you have questions or are interested.
Attention Ladies, Ladies, Ladies – This Tuesday night (Sept 16) is another special, once a summer event for us! We will be shooting Trap @ COSC. There will be long guns and ammo available. Also, we will have a few Trap coaches to work with us.
As you know, it is getting darker earlier AND many of our LLL will need instruction so we are starting at 6pm. Five LLL will be on the line at once for what we call a ’round’. Each round takes about 15 minutes to shoot. So for those who are able to come and be ready to go by 6pm, that’d be great. If you are pressed for time and the 6:30 start time works, please do come (don’t think we can’t get you in b/c we can).You’ll need eye & ear protection, appropriate footwear, and probably a jacket. Thanks to the NRA and Friends of the NRA, the fee for this class is kept to a minimum….$3.00.And our final LLL for the 2014 season will be on Tuesday, 9/30/14 @ 6:30 where we’ll partake in a potluck. At this time, we are undecided whether we’ll be shooting that night or not (we’ll discuss as a group this Tuesday).The shooting discipline of Trap is very fun with lots of action; hope to have a great turnout!
Some ways you can earn volunteer hours. Please help make your club a better place.
- The COSC Raffle Drawing in Sunday, September 28 and the only way to win is to buy a lucky raffle ticket. The prizes include: Ruger American .308; Winchester Model 70 30/06; Browning B.P.S. Ducks Unlimited 20g; 10PT/6PT Invader Crossbow; and Henry Golden Boy .17 HMR Rifle.
- Help is needed at the Gun Show on Sunday, September 28. Call Duane Whaley at 517.646.1611 or Charlie Wolbeck at 517.802.8323 for info.
Charlie Wolbeck needs help with selling Raffle Tickets. Please contact Charlie (517.802.8323) to volunteer. See the article in this month’s newsletter.
- Friends of the NRA Committee – Every year the Friends of the NRA gives a lot support to our youth and ladies programs in the form of grants. In return, we support the Friends of the NRA annual dinner- on Saturday, September 20 beginning at 5:30 p.m.- this year. A lot of effort goes into the support and running of this important fund raiser. Please contact Tony Piper at 517.614.2663 (cell) or 517.646.8645 if you would like to help. Hope to see you there!
- Duane could use help with the Cowboy Action Shoot on Saturday, September 13.
- Tim could use some help with Junior Archery. Call him at 643.1497.