Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
- Please see the club newsletter on this site for our November & December news, and don’t forget to check out the President’s Notes and club history updates, too.
- The COSC Virtual Buck Pole is looking for your photo/s from deer season
Club Raffle News: Charlie Woebeck has run the COCS Raffle for many years and has done a wonderful job with it. He has spent a lot of time and effort on making the raffle work for the club and I would like to thank him for the many hours he has put into this project over the years. Charlie has gotten quite busy as of late and has passed the baton.I (Bill Shephard) have volunteered to run the raffle next year and I will need all of the help I can get. My first step is to form an informal committee. I am looking for any ideas you or your friends or loved ones might have. I would like to have a short meeting before November’s board meeting. Please try to attend and if you know of any one else who might be interested in helping, bring them along.If you can make it, please come to the club on Monday evening, 7:00 PM, 11/24/2014 for a short 30 minute meeting before the November board of director’s meeting.We will have another meeting on Monday, December 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM just before December’s Membership meeting.If you cannot make either meeting please send any ideas you may have on what to improve, update or keep the same with our raffle.The raffle is an important source of funds for the club and I am committed to bring in as much money as I can into our Treasury.I am especially interested in ideas from the ladies and younger members. If you are a young lady that means you are a twofer and your opinion is twice as valuable. What could we offer as prizes that would get your attention?
Thanks in advance for your help.
- In October, Keith asked those who have NRA certifications as instructors to mail or email him what disciplines you are certified in. He did not get a very good response so he is asking again. PLEASE MAIL or EMAIL Keith Wright 427 W. Jefferson Dimondale MI 48821 or KRW45ACP@yahoo.com or call 517.646.9179. Keith is trying to put together an up-to-date list of all instructors. He does have an up-to-date list of R.S.Os.
- IMPORTANT – It’s that time of year… time to renew your COSC club membership and pay your annual dues for 2015. Please fill out the membership application and return it along with your dues check to Stu Miller. If you joined the club during the Open House event in July 2014, you will still need to complete an updated membership application for 2015 BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY DUES for 2015. Don’t forget to include your NRA member number on your COSC member application.
- COSC Christmas Party – December 20, 2014
- Popular Turkey Shoots will be returning in January 2015. Watch here and the newsletter for dates and times.
- Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club has a new Facebook page! Like us!
Some ways you can earn volunteer hours. Please help make your club a better place.
- Tim could use some help with Junior Archery. Call him at 643.1497.
- Help will be needed with the Christmas Party. Watch here and the newsletter for details.