Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
- Club News Please see the club newsletter on this site for our July & August news, and don’t forget to check out the President’s Notes and club history updates, too.
- NRA video updates for NRA Certified Instructors – please review these updates
- Just posted to the photo site – Open House, Cowboy Action Shooting photos, Range photos, and Jr. and Ladies Trap photos! Click on the Flickr link on the right side of the page to see our photo collection.
- To learn about any of the many of our club’s shooting sports activities, check out the Shooting Sports and Archery pages for more info.
- Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club has a new Facebook page! Like us!
- The next offering of Hunter’s Safety Classes through COSC will be September 6 & 7, 2014. Watch here for more info
Some ways you can earn volunteer hours. Please help make your club a better place.
- The COSC Raffle Drawing in Sunday, September 28 and the only way to win is to buy a lucky raffle ticket. The prizes include: Ruger American .308; Winchester Model 70 30/06; Browning B.P.S. Ducks Unlimited 20g; 10PT/6PT Invader Crossbow; and Henry Golden Boy .17 HMR Rifle.
- Charlie Wolbeck needs help with selling Raffle Tickets. Please contact Charlie (517.802.8323) to volunteer. See the article in this month’s newsletter.
- Friends of the NRA Committee – Every year the Friends of the NRA gives a lot support to our youth and ladies programs in the form of grants. In return, we support the Friends of the NRA annual dinner- on Saturday, September 20 beginning at 5:30 p.m.- this year. A lot of effort goes into the support and running of this important fund raiser. Please contact Tony Piper at 517.614.2663 (cell) or 517.646.8645 if you would like to help. Hope to see you there!
- Duane could use help with the Cowboy Action Shoot on Saturday, August 16.
- Tim could use some help with Junior Archery. Call him at 643.1497.
- Keith needs help working the open house at Bud’s Gun Shop on August 22, 23 and 25. Call Keith at 517.646.9179 to help out.