Welcome to Chief Okemos Sportsman’s Club!
COSC is a family-friendly gun and archery club in Dimondale, Michigan, located about 15 minutes west of Lansing.
To promote the safe and responsible use of firearms and archery activities in the Mid-Michigan area
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its air, soil, and materials, its forests, waters and wildlife.
- Please see the club newsletter on this site for our February news, and don’t forget to check out the President’s Notes and club history updates, too.
- IMPORTANT – It’s that time of year… time to renew your COSC club membership and pay your annual dues for 2015. Please fill out the membership application and return it along with your dues check to Stu Miller. If you joined the club during the Open House event in July 2014, you will still need to complete an updated membership application for 2015 BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY DUES for 2015. Don’t forget to include your NRA member number on your COSC member application.
- Parking Lot Fund – We have started a new fund to help with paving the club’s parking lot. Our first project will be to add an apron next to the handicap parking spots at the entrance to the club house. This project is estimated to cost between $6,000 – $10,000. This will greatly improve access to the club house for members and renters – so no more making a bride walk in the mud to get into the door to her reception! We will be getting estimates for the work and reporting on the progress and goals as they develop. The Parking Lot Fund currently is at $969.15
- The next Turkey Shoot will be on February 21st at Noon. We will be serving spaghetti and garlic bread for lunch. Thanks to all the shooters who braved the balmy 8 degree day on January 10th, but still had a great time. Congratulations to Ben T. (turkey), Brian B. (ham), Ben T. (hickory stick), Tyler K. (summer sausage), Tyler K. (bacon and more bacon). Good shooting guys! The turkey shoot consists of 10 shots (2 at each station) on the trap filed and also a long range shot (1 shot only) at a stationary target. Prizes consists of turkey, bacon, venison sticks, chicken breasts, and more. For more info, please contact Duane Whaley at 517.646.1611.
- Camp Dinner will be on Saturday, March 28th. Please contact BIll Shepard at email@example.com or call him at 510.207.3022 (please leave a message) or see him at the General Membership or Board Meetings to arrange to donate your wild game. Cathy Finn is our Chairperson for the committee, so please contact her at 517.974.6178 or firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for this event.
- Raffle – We are in the process of gathering prizes for this year’s raffle. If you have any new or gently used guns gathering dust in your safe, why not donate them to the club so we can offer them as a raffle prize? Please contact Bill Shepard at 810.207.3022. Thanks.
Some ways you can earn volunteer hours. Please help make your club a better place.
- Volunteers are need to cut brush and trim trees along and on the rifle range berms. Also needed are two or three chain saws and some axes. John Mann would like to schedule the work for a weekend in January or February while the ground is frozen and before the snow (if we get any) gets too deep. Please email John at M500jr@att.net or call him at 517.694.1440 (leave a message, please) to volunteer and what weekends you will be available in January and February. Thanks!
- The Camp Dinner will be held on 03/28/15. Please contact Bill Shepard or see him at the Membership or Board Meetings to arrange to donate your wild game for the meal. Cathy L. Finn is Chairperson for the committee and she can be contacted at 517.974.6178.
- Tim could use some help with Junior Archery. Call him at 643.1497.